Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Assistant V – Planning, Scheduling & Line Dispatch Department R16-414
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: July 7, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 22, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Assistant V – Planning, Scheduling & Line Dispatch Department R16-414
Supports Planning, Scheduling and Line Dispatch department by coordinating pre-requisite activities that occur between scheduling and dispatch.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding activities such as permitting, outage coordination, and other job readiness activities.
- Work activities are complex, non-routine and are governed by a variety of procedures and practices.
- Specialized knowledge in an area with in-depth knowledge of procedures/policies in order to make minor decisions. For example:
- Detailed knowledge of permit requirements and variations within a given PGE Region
- Knowledge of PGE line construction workflow, challenges, and procedures
- Ensures reporting requirements meet agency rules, requirements and time lines.
- May develop standards and/or procedures for new or unprecedented work activities
- Identifies areas of improvement and puts process improvements into place.
- During storm events, may be called upon for Dispatch support, logistics, meter pinging, or administrative duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strongly self-motivated. Independent judgment and initiative required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point), Maximo Work Manager, ARM Scheduler, OMS, and other software applications specific to the functional business area (preferred).
- Distribution knowledge or context that would aid in the creation of switching sheets and coordinating outages
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=X16-414 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 22, 2016