Company Name: Central Lincoln
Phone Number: (541) 265-3211
Job Title: Assistant Operations Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: March 7, 2018
Salary: $90,916 -$110,509
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The first review of applications is 3/21/18
This supervisory position is tasked with assisting the Operations Supervisor in directing and supervising the activities, projects, programs and operations of Electric Operations, Distribution Engineering, and Communications personnel; including the design, operation, maintenance and construction of electric distribution facilities and dispatch of the electric distribution system. The Operations Supervisor plays an important role in helping to accomplish organizational business objectives and to achieve the strategic goals as established by the Board of Directors and General Manager.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists Operations Supervisor in development and maintenance of Central Lincoln’s Capital Improvement Plan. Works with assigned staff, the Operations Supervisor and other stakeholders to identify future capital investments required to meet capacity, reliability and service objectives.
- Acts as the system dispatcher for switching operations. Remains on-call for emergency service after normal working hours as required.
- Assists in the development, review and maintenance of appropriate system standards and planning criteria. Works with others as needed to ensure consistent understanding and application of these standards in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of facilities. Participates in emergency planning and ongoing coordination with other departments and agencies to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Works with the Safety Coordinator, Operations Supervisor, and Engineering & Operations Director to develop and manage a comprehensive safety-training program for electric operations personnel.
- Directs changes in priorities and schedules as needed to ensure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner. Assists in the development of short and long range plans and goals.
- Assist Operations Supervisor in the supervision of designated staff. Provides training and motivation to meet changing business needs and maximize effectiveness of staff.
- Assists in the development and administration of work plans and departmental budgets; approves expenditures, implements adjustments to ensure effective resource allocation and fiscal management.
- Interprets, oversees, and ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
- Advises the Fleet Coordinator on vehicle and equipment requirements and specifications.
- Assists Operations Supervisor in conducting performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Employ effective planning, communication and organizational skills including budget forecasting, cost control, project management and long range planning.
- Organize and successfully manage competing priorities for time, attention and resources to meet requirements for cost, quality, and timeliness of services and other deliverables to meet strategic goals and objectives.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate, direct, and supervise employees.Develop and motivate employees and promote an atmosphere of teamwork and productivity with integrity by exemplifying desired and appropriate behaviors.
- Resolve issues and solve problems in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate cultural competency through respectful, inclusive work habits and through the valuing and welcoming of cultural differences in all position responsibilities.
- Use independent and discretionary judgment.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, effectively and respectfully, orally and/or in writing with a diverse audience including employees, customers, contractors, agencies and the general public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both individually and as a team member.
Minimum Qualifications and Progression:
- Requires a High school diploma or equivalent with proficiency in mathematics.
- Requires five (5) years’ progressively responsible experience in electric utility operations, maintenance and construction.
- Proficiency using personal computers and software is required.
- Valid driver’s license: Yes
- Post-offer background check required: Yes
- Post-offer drug test required: No
- Post-offer physical/functional test required: No
Posting End Date: April 6, 2018