Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Assistant IV, Substation Operations Support Services (R18-100)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: February 20, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 12, 2018
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Assistant IV, Substation Operations Support Services (R18-100)
This position performs a variety of varied and complex clerical and administrative functions in support of the Substation Operations department. It requires the ability to work independently and interpersonally with a variety of people; making decisions with minimal direct supervision. Advanced clerical skills and a thorough knowledge of PGE computer applications is a key requirement.
Provide effective administrative support to Substation Operations
- Provide effective administrative support to the Management Team. Prepare documents for managers in word processing, spreadsheets, or data base formats as requested. Create tables, charts, graphs and assemble other information to provide support.
- Assist managers with scheduling calendars and providing support for coordinating and scheduling department training.
- Update department documents and SharePoint sites.
- Perform administrative task such as copying, mailing, scanning, answering phones, maintaining department files and personnel documentation.
- Compose, draft and edit correspondence and memos. Assist in material preparation for meetings. Take minutes at meetings as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Requires three years of experience and ability to work with minimal supervision and directions.
- Excellent organizational and human relationship skills, with strong ability to work with a variety of people: internal clients, customers and external vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent writing skills, knowledge of grammar, spelling and business correspondence composition.
- Advanced clerical skills and thorough knowledge of computer applications such as PACE, PeopleSoft, PowerPlant, MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, OneNote, and PowerPoint), MS Projects, and MS SharePoint.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-098. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: March 12, 2018