Tacoma Water is seeking a collaborative and forward thinking Asset Management Operations Analyst to join the Asset and Information Management Section at Tacoma Water. As part of the Asset Management (AM) team you will have the unique opportunity to work in a fast paced environment, with all levels of staff across the entire organization, on new and innovative work efforts that are intended to have a profound and lasting effect on how we do business at Tacoma Water.
The Asset Management team is responsible for creating, implementing and managing Tacoma Water’s approach towards documenting and understanding everything we own (infrastructure, buildings, equipment, vehicles, natural resources, etc.), the purpose they serve, the condition they are in, the costs associated with operating and maintaining them, the relative risk associated with them as well as determining the optimal timing for maintaining, rehabilitating or replacing them.
A large part of this position’s focus will entail supporting the entire Tacoma Water organization as we seek to implement SAP as the single source Computerized Maintenance Management System for all of our Plant Maintenance (PM) Activities. The long term goal of which is to move towards discrete work orders for the majority of maintenance activities, the collection of failure data for our equipment and the use of material management and maintenance plans in SAP to increase efficiency and consistency in how we plan, schedule and deliver our work.
Additionally, this position will work with both the AM team and operating sections on refining, developing and implementing tools to assist in the analysis and reporting of the operational and maintenance data that is collected using SAP. Key outcomes will include supporting information for Capital Budgeting, developing/reporting performance metrics, determining lowest lifecycle cost strategies, and developing failure curves for various assets.
- Coordinating, developing, cleansing, implementing, reporting and analyzing PM data for the AM Team in support of and in coordination with the Tacoma Water operating sections and Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) groups.
- Identifying gaps and/or inconsistencies between GIS and SAP datasets and developing strategies (in conjunction with the Tacoma Water Information Management group) to close them.
- Helping Tacoma Water implement the Strategic Maintenance Management Program using SAP in a consistent way. This includes: creating asset hierarchies in SAP and creating/maintaining maintenance plans, task lists, measuring points and measurement documents in SAP
- Building, maintaining and modifying lowest lifecyle cost economic models for various asset classes (using MS Excel and MS Access programs).
- Creating, designing, maintaining and improving analytical tools for operational data (using MS Excel, MS Access, etc.)
- Supporting Operating Sections in the development and implementation of new plans/methods for collecting data for operational decision making using SAP, GIS, etc. and analyzing data to make business decisions.
- Developing technical reports and write ups based on both qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Training staff in the use of analytical models and tools (i.e. SAP, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Participating in groups, core teams, and cross functional teams with Tacoma Water, Tacoma Public Utilities, the City or with others to learn, teach, coordinate and problem solve.
The City of Tacoma wants to employ a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and we welcome candidates with diverse and/or multicultural skill sets and personal experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.