Level I: Associate’s degree (AA, AS) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with coursework demonstrating data analysis and manipulation emphasis; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Economics, Business, Business Information Systems, Engineering, or a related area of study are preferred. (May/June 2017 graduates will be considered.)
Level II/Senior: Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) in Finance, Math, Economics, Business, Business Information Systems, Engineering or a related area of study from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level I: Typically requires 2 years’ analytical, data management, spreadsheet, financial and/or operation support experience.
Level II/Senior: Typically requires 2-5 years’ experience performing data management and reporting, conducting process evaluations, and performing financial and/or operational analysis.
Experience in the utility industry is preferred at all levels.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of utility industry business practices
• In depth knowledge of the operations and activities of the assigned business unit
• Knowledge of data systems in use by the business unit (in depth knowledge at level II and Senior)
• Data analysis
• Data extraction
• Strong business and technical writing skills
• Critical thinking
• Problem solving
• Active listening
• Reading comprehension
• Systems evaluation skills (senior level incumbent)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Ability to identify potential problems and use logic and deductive reasoning to develop numerous ideas or solutions.
• Able to develop data models and conduct statistical analysis.
• Must be able to develop a project plan, schedule and labor/cost estimates.
• Must have the ability to learn new data systems and teach others.
• Must be able to advance multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to perform complex financial analysis