Company Name: Klickitat PUD
Phone Number: (509) 773-7648
Job Title: Apprentice Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: January 27, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Apprentice Lineman (Must be in a Current IBEW Approved Apprenticeship)
Position Title: Apprentice*
Reports To: Line Superintendent
Status: Union Classification
Salary Grade: Current Union Contract
Summary: This position is responsible for performing the activities associated with electric power line construction and maintenance and to render prompt, efficient and reliable service that will promote good will between the District and the consumers.
Job Responsibilities and Functions:
- Assists in clearing rights of way, load and unload equipment.
- Dig holes to set poles and anchors, frame poles and string conductors.
- Learn switching procedures for structures, breakers, transformers and services.
- Hang transformers, breakers, regulators and other related equipment.
- Work energized conductors of all voltage.
- Stay constantly informed of the direction of line feeds, with respect to source of power.
- Inspect and check customer’s wiring beyond the meter for compliance with State and national Electrical Code requirements, prior to connection of new services.
- Maintain constant vigilance for possible source of power failure and remedies or report them to the Foreman.
- Drives trucks and operates equipment. Operate and maintain equipment and vehicles assigned in a manner that brings respect to the District.
- Respond to emergency call-outs as required for emergency maintenance and repair work on power lines for service restoration.
- Attends and participates in safety meetings, know and follow safety rules and methods without exception. Stay familiar with and able to perform first aid and artificial respiration.
- Prepare outage reports, job orders, and connect orders according to established policies and procedures.
- Keeps Foreman fully informed of important information concerning the job and work equipment of the PUD.
- Operate radio equipment in accordance with FCC rules and regulations, and established policies and procedures.
- Know and understand District and Washington State Electrical Workers Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to work safely in a team environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with a wide variety of hand tools.
- Ability to read maps and work order drawings.
- Receive communications and directives and orally confirms full understanding.
- Ability to hear; communicate both orally and in writing; near, far and color vision for driving, line patrolling and equipment identification.
- Keep work space neat and orderly at all times.
- Valid Washington Commercial Driver’s License (CDL- Class A) with air brake endorsement.
- Apprentice with ability to obtain Journeyman Lineman License within one year of hire
- High School Diploma or GED
- Performs other duties as Assigned.
Working Conditions and Other Requirements
- Fulfill the physical requirements of the job, including walking over rough terrain, working outdoors in inclement weather, operating physically-demanding machinery, working at elevations up to 80 feet, frequent driving by pickup truck, and working safely around voltages up to 230 kV.
- Work schedule is comprised of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Be able to work unscheduled overtime.
- On-call standby position on a rotating schedule.
- Required to have and carry a personal cell phone for which you will receive a stipend.
- Employee must provide personal climbing equipment.
- Forklift Certification.
- Ability to obtain Blasting License.
- Current Flagging Card.
- Current First Aid/CPR Card.
- Must join union shop IBEW, Local 125.
- Residency within Klickitat County and within ten (10) miles of the warehouse shop headquarters.
How to Apply:
Applications are available online at klickpud.com and at the Goldendale Klickitat PUD Office.
Please submit your written application to Klickitat PUD, c/o Human Resources, 1313 S. Columbus, Goldendale, WA 98620, or by fax at (509) 773-7449
Wages based on Collective Bargaining Agreement and Apprentice step placement
Posting End Date: February 27, 2017