Company Name: Border States Electric
Phone Number: (406) 238-1311
Job Title: Application Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 29, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
- Customer facing sales, service and support for technical product lines.
- Plans and hosts “tech week” with guest speakers on technical products for consultants, engineers and customers.
- Regularly call-on assigned target accounts. Consults with customers on product and system applications.
- Provides customers with timely follow-up on quotations, technical inquiries and other requests.
- Provides continuous contact and interaction with customer’s engineering staff and consultants.
- Provides technical, specific or specialized product support for branches and customers.
- Actively participates in planning and sale of Border States’ technical products and services, and supports the promotion of agency lines.
- Participates in and advises management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborates with other sales and marketing staff on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, competition, procedures and market potential.
- Responsible for inputting Total Customer Cost Management (TCCM) cost savings documentation that is relevant to the assigned customer base.
- Evaluates new products and makes recommendations on stock levels for new and existing products. Provides input to the Pricing and Purchasing departments on product evaluations and code descriptions, inventory management, pricing, catalog development and other related functions.
- Performs product updates and new product launches for branches and customers as required.
- Evaluates demonstration equipment and makes suggestions for new products in specified product areas. Ensures existing demos are in functional condition.
- Leads customer and Border States employee training on new and existing technical product lines and applications in specified product or service areas.
- Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs as needed.
- Supports technical, operating, safety and supply chain functions as extended staff and resources.
- Assists field application, standards, questions and answers, and materials inventory management efforts.
- Provides field troubleshooting assistance, training, information and documentation support.
- Conducts product application assessments including total life cycle cost savings, elimination of duplicate items and material consolidation, alternatives to materials, equipment, methods and practices, and regional, industry and national standards for material, equipment, and apparatus.
- Provides direction and leadership to meet and exceed service expectations, growth and profit goals. Steers the development of product applications, systems, technology, methods, ideas and procedures to improve service, reduce cost, grow sales, improve profits, drive efficiencies, automate transactions, improve quality and reduce risk.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 20 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 0 – 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require frequent standing and/or walking and or constant sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of a four-year technical or engineering degree required.
- Prefer the knowledge and technical competence in understanding of electrical utility distribution and transmission systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Valid drivers license is required.
- Travel is required 60-85% of time.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
Posting End Date: July 29, 2016