Manages the day-to-day operations of a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees and responsible for management of employee salaries. Implements and supports Company programs and policies. Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget.
- Develop and modify policies and practices to improve the overall operational effectiveness of PacifiCorp’s transmission and distribution system.
- Provide technical support to critical and highly complex operation and control functions within the business.
- Lead development and implementation processes and procedures to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Evaluate policies, procedures and other documentation and ensure all aspects of electrical operations are in accordance with Company safety procedures and legislative requirements.
- Supervise local and remote technical support staff.
- Analyze schemes and prints and prepare field notebooks and outlines for installation of apparatus equipment for journeyman.
- Provide apparatus training as needed for various departments including dispatch, relay technicians, journeyman and switchman.