Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Analyst III/IV, System Control Center Support (R16-601)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: August 22, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Analyst III – System Control Center Support
Function in a mid-level analyst capacity supporting complex systems and applications used by the System Control Center (SCC). Systems and Applications include (Energy Management System) EMS, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Interchange Metering, Energy Market Operations and associated applications Outage Coordination Software and Data Historian (PI) for Transmission and Distribution data. Requires through knowledge and experience to design, implement and maintain multiple applications and systems. Provide assistance to senior analysts for development of complex operational plans, procedures, and documentation to support operations of the System Control Center. Provide assistance in performing reviews of operational processes. Provide support to NERC reliability and cybersecurity compliance related activities of System Control Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (functions with percent of time spent performing function)
- Provide support to SCC Operations in troubleshooting and maintaining applications and systems used within the control center. Provide 24/7 on-call support for critical systems such as EMS on a rotational basis. Maintain high availability of critical systems used in the monitoring and control of the PGE’s Generation, Transmission and Distribution system. Provide support to Balancing Area Operators in the operation of Energy Imbalance Market and Automatic Generation Control. Participate in projects developing systems and applications used in the control center. (40%)
- Maintain working knowledge of the Energy Management System used by the System Control Center (SCC) at the corporate headquarters and Corporate Readiness Center. Familiar with the EMS vendor suite of automation products and modular applications providing an operational real-time platform used by System Operators. (25%)
- Support users of advanced applications within EMS such as AGC, State Estimator, Real-time Contingency Analysis. Maintain a working knowledge of custom calculations and applications within the EMS environment and outside to support different functions of SCC. Support integration efforts between SCC systems and applications and enterprise applications as required by special projects (NextWave, GenOps, and Energy Imbalance Market etc.) (20%)
- Coordinate with departments outside the SCC, especially Information Technology and Enterprise Telecommunications to secure support for the critical systems used by SCC. Support compliance related activities supporting the SCC operations such as NERC Reliability and Cybersecurity Standards. (10%)
- Support development and modification of real-time procedures and processes used by the System Control Center (SCC). Maintains the associated documentation and coordinates with the SCC staff to implement improvements. (10%)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Information Systems required; an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience in supporting control center in their daily operations of transmission generation and distribution systems.
- Experience in supporting Automatic Generation Control application and Energy Market Operations.
- Experience with Open Systems International Monarch EMS Platform or similar application suite is required.
- Experience with OSI Soft PI Data Historian is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle NMS or similar application (Outage Management / Distribution Management) is preferred.
- Experience in computer programming, scripting and application development is preferred.
- Experience in information systems security standards, practices and tools are preferred.
- Through knowledge and experience in SCADA/EMS systems and advanced power system applications
- Through understanding of the PGE electrical system and substations and generation plants.
- Through knowledge and experience in System Administration, Backup Storage, Database Administration, Application Development, Operating Systems, Cyber Security and Networking (eg. ESX, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Cisco networking equipment, SQL Server).
- Knowledge and experience in using SCADA protocols (ICCP, DNP 3.0, L&G8979).
- Knowledge and understanding of telecommunication and computer networks used for SCADA.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-601 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: December 31, 2017