Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Analyst III (R17-165)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: April 25, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Post until Filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Analyst III R17-165
This position will provide analytical support to the Project Management Organization for capital construction projects. A successful candidate will perform and coordinate analysis of T&D capital construction status and performance, facilitate development and enhancement of PMO business processes and applications, develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the needs of the stakeholders from business and technical perspectives, and work closely with stakeholders and other departments to capture business requirements. Additionally, this position will facilitate the development and communication of process improvements for approved T&D capital construction projects by acting as a liaison between System Planning, Strategic Asset Management, and the engineering design and construction departments. Reporting and presentation of project status and performance to key stakeholders and other Company entities are essential. This position will also represent the PMO department for Officer information requests and audits. Strong analytical and technical skills are required.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
COMMUNICATIONS (description and reason for contacts)
- Project Managers and Schedulers: acquire information regarding project status and forecast; assist with resource planning
- System Planning: gain insight into upcoming projects and determine business drivers for projects
- Substation Engineering: monitor progression of project design, and assist with resource planning
- Corporate Planning: provide project financial status reports as required
- Corporate Officers: provide information regarding projects as requested
- System Planning and PMO management : provide status updates and recommendations, report metrics
- Strategic Asset Management
CHALLENGES (complexity and diversity of actions)
- Developing solutions to highly technical, complex or non-routine problems encountered in the T&D environment
- Evaluating and resolving complex issues, and recommending modifications or improvements.
- Proposing new standards and methods for improving safety and reliability and reducing costs.
- Proposing creative solutions to old/new problems, and documenting process changes.
- Introduce process changes to multi-discipline departments in order to get buy-in and start change
- Work in an environment with competing priorities, and tight deadlines.
Decisions Made (this position makes the following decisions)
- Determines value of data from projects, and how it relates to key performance indicators.
- Weighs key performance indicators, and decides how they affect the prescribed metrics.
- Decides how process improvements should best be implemented based on metric values.
- Decides how informational reports will be tailored to a specific audience; i.e. Officers vs. technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other analytical discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of T&D and Substation Operations construction processes and practices; ability to identify differences and seek alignment between the two.
- General understanding of accounting; capital vs. O&M
- Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPlant, PACE, and Maximo.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative solutions to problems.
- Broad perspective of utility business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent meeting management and leadership skills.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Prior analyst or equivalent experience desired
- Comfort with large data sets and utilization of Excel and pivot tables.
- Ability to discuss and review project details at both high and low levels of detail.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-165. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: May 5, 2017