Company Name: City of Roseville - Roseville Electric
Phone Number: (916) 774-5475
Job Title: AMI / Smart Grid Project Manager (Advanced Metering Infrastructure Project Manager)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: July 20, 2018
Salary: $102,477 - $137,329
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the regular and full-time position of AMI / Smart Grid Project Manager (Advanced Metering Infrastructure Project Manager) in the Electric Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am –5:00 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To plan, organize, direct and manage the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) project for the water and electric utilities including governance, functional and operational tasks; to provide business and technical advice and expertise; and to serve as a resource to City staff and departments.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
- Receives general direction from an assigned manager.
- May exercise direct supervision over professional, technical, and administrative support personnel.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives related to the implementation of the City’s AMI; establish schedules and methods for the implementation of AMI.
- Define scope of AMI project and identify detailed work plan and tasks in coordination with project team and management.
- Plan, organize, and direct staffing and outside resources as necessary for implementation of City objectives associated with AMI implementation.
- Manage the design and implementation of strategies through discussions and negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Develop and monitor project budget and milestones, ensuring AMI project is completed consistent with deadline, budget, scope and overall goal.
- Lead, establish, and implement selection processes for outside resources and direct internal resources consistent with project goals and objectives.
- Review and approve various work products by consultants and staff related to assigned projects.
- Produce or guide the development of presentations and written documents for various target audiences.
- Provide regular and timely updates to the City Manager, City Council, and other appropriate parties.
- Research, compile and prepare reports and documentation on project activities; analyze project and develop corrective action; prepare periodic status reports.
- Represent AMI on committees, outside organizations, and at staff subcommittees as necessary; coordinate activities with other divisions and outside agencies.
- May participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures; conduct performance evaluations.
- Answer questions and provide information to the stakeholders; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Five years of increasingly responsible experience in AMI or similar systems implementation and/or workflow and configuration development that included project management.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with major coursework in computer science, information systems, business administration or a related field is preferred.
License or Certificate
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
- Possession of a Project Management Professional Certificate (PMP) from the Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI) or Certified Project Professional (CPP) credential from the International Association of Project and Program Management (IAPPM) is desirable.
How to Apply:
To view the full job announcement and/or to apply for this position, please visit the City of Roseville’s website at www.roseville.ca.us/jobs.
Posting End Date: August 17, 2018