Website Alaska Power & Telephone
Alaska Power & Telephone has a full time opening for a Payroll Specialist at our Port Townsend, WA location. Our successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated, flexible, and detail-oriented. They will possess excellent team and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Process bi-weekly payrolls in compliance with federal and state laws
· Review timesheets for correctness
· Transfer labor and make labor adjustments to work orders
· Process garnishment payments and set up deductions in compliance with state mandates
· Submit payroll & HSA bank transfers
· Bi-weekly ESOP reporting and online submission
· Prepare weekly labor summary pivot table
· Prepare overtime and other detailed reports for the management team
· Facilitate with audits by providing records and documentation
· Prepare quarterly and monthly tax reports
· Process period end labor
· Assist with reconciling payroll liability general ledger
· Assist with quarterly dividends
· Assist with Benchmark Study, EEOC-1, W-2’s, 1095’s and other mandated reporting
· Update and maintain tax tables and changes in software
· Other duties as assigned
· Must have H.S. Diploma or GED
· Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance is preferred
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred
· At least three years’ experience in administrative / office support experience in payroll or accounting preferred with AA degree OR
· Five years’ experience in administrative / office support in payroll or accounting
· An equivalent combination of experience and education
· Experience processing payroll in Alaska, Washington and Idaho
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Certified Payroll Processional (CPP) or other professional credentials are preferred, those which would require on-going professional education.
· Ongoing continuing education in payroll labor laws in Alaska, Washington and Idaho
Other: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, experience with payroll software, NISC / IVUE experience. Experience working in a Utility setting is preferred, excellent communication skills (both written and oral), sensitivity and discretion at the highest level for working in confidential areas.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
This posting will be open until filled.
AP&T will not open emails that contain only attachments or those with linked documents.
Please be sure to include pertinent information in your email.
EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled and Drug and Alcohol-free workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org