Website Alaska Power & Telephone
Alaska Power & Telephone has a full time opening for an Accountant to join our team in Port Townsend, WA! Our successful candidate will handle a variety of accounting responsibilities. Our ideal candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily cash receipts processing
- Process all ACH, Wire and check payments
- Service centers payment activity balanced, exported, and posted
- Point of contact for property errors and discrepancy resolution
- Process NSF, X-Batches, Deposit Corrections, and Gateway Reports
- Monitor and balance default bank and pending payment accounts
- Export CIS activity from ABS lite to ABS live
- Backup for GL posting, regulatory / utility filings and support, unclaimed property
- File maintenance – work orders and other filings
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess college level classes in accounting, business, finance or bookkeeping
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting is preferred
- Two years of bookkeeping experience, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well independently and collaborate effectively with a team
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of financial and accounting software applications
- Familiarity with NISC is a plus!
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
This posting will be open until filled.
AP&T will not open emails that contain only attachments or those with linked documents.
Please be sure to include pertinent information in your email.
EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled and Drug and Alcohol-free workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org