Company Name: Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Phone Number: (208) 292-3263
Job Title: After Hours Coordinators
Number of Openings: 2
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: January 18, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Purpose of Position: The After Hours Coordinator position is responsible for monitoring outage calls after hours, identifying the outage on KEC’s outage management system and relaying outage information to the on-call lineman. This work typically will be performed away from the office when the office is not regularly staffed.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Outage Management
- Monitor outage management system and communication for outage management.
- Communicate all outage information to on-call lineman.
- Monitor dead line clearances for line crews in the software system.
- Utilize communication system phone notification for member up-dates during outages.
- Maintain phone and radio communication with line crews.
- Communicate and coordinate with members as needed.
- Monitor and relay information from other emergency response agencies.
- Maintains accurate outage log.
- Communication and Teamwork: Keeps line crews well informed. Reports and written communication are clear, timely and relevant. Clear, correct verbal communication. Good listener, tries to understand others. Effective in communicating with varied groups or individuals. Enthusiastic team worker, helps others, promotes harmony among fellow workers, team members, supervisors and KEC members. Responds well to suggestions and criticism. Adapts easily to change, reacts well to additional or different assignments. Actions consistent with objectives and goals of the Cooperative.
Performs other duties assigned
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Experience as an emergency responder or similar experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Utility knowledge and experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in KEC mapping system, system operations, and Mayday instructions within approx. 6 months.
Time Requirements: Must be able to work in excess of 12 hours during outage situations.
Mental Demands: Must be able to work in stressful conditions during extended outages.
Qualified applicants will not be a family member of a current employee in the following positions: Lineman, Foreman, Apprentice Lineman, Lineman Assistant/Operator, General Foreman, or similar position.
- Long hours at times
- Travel may be required for training purposes.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must complete an application and supporting materials available at www.kec.com under Your Cooperative/Job Opportunities. Position open through February 5, 2018. EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Posting End Date: February 5, 2018