Company Name: Central Lincoln
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: April 12, 2018
Salary: $69,291 - $84,224
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The incumbent will prepare bank account reconciliations and audit and prepare necessary journal entries to balance general ledger accounts. This position will process travel expense accounts and credit card expense summaries. The incumbent may prepare or backup the preparation of payroll, processing of accounts payable, as well as research special projects. This position provides support and assists the Finance and Resource Supervisor with general accounting duties.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare cash/credit card, bank and Accounts Payable reconciliations.
- Prepare and post appropriate journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger and travel expense accounts.
- Audit vouchers and process checks for Accounts Payable.
- Process all aspects of payroll, related reports and records as well as calculations of various benefits and deductions.
- Process weekly health insurance claims.
- Prepare reports and surveys for various agencies.
- Initiate, plan, and assist with the implementation of accounting programs and their on-going support.
- Provide assistance with billing and check processing issues.
- May be assigned duties and responsibilities for a specific program(s) or project(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES:
- Personal computer applications and related software.
- A general familiarity of GAAP, FASB, GASB & FERC to insure proper accounting and audit compliance.
- Utility financial system and departmental operating policies and procedures.
- A typical utility accounting and finance department.
- Reconciling and balancing various accounts.
- Research various topics, document and recommending action.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both individually and as a team member.
- Develop, recommend and implement improvement opportunities to help support internal operations.
- Perform research requiring analysis and interpretation.
- Organize and complete tasks on schedule.
- Use time well and coordinate work activities with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROGRESSION:
- Requires an Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. A Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying.
- Valid driver’s license: No
- Post-offer background check required: Yes
- Post-offer drug test required: No
- Post-offer physical/functional test required: No
- Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, or progression or advancement: None
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- The incumbent is supervised by the Finance and Resource Supervisor.
- The incumbent has no supervisory responsibility.
Posting End Date: April 23, 2018