Company Name: Columbia River PUD
Phone Number: (503) 397-1844
City: Deer Island
Job Title: Accounting & Finance Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: January 8, 2018
Salary: $81,619 - $116,417
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Responsible for the overall financial management of CRPUD. Oversee CRPUD’s fiscal policies, cash management, investments, financing activities, preparation of the annual budget, work plan, and other key financial objectives used to carry out utility and organizational objectives. Provide long-term direction for the financial operations of CRPUD. Oversee all accounting and billing activities and ensure timely, accurate processing of payments, preparation of reports, and that detailed records are maintained in accordance with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
Provide visible and confident leadership of the Accounting and Finance department while ensuring the safe, efficient, and effective utilization of personnel, equipment, and contractors. Set and enforce high standards for performance, professionalism, integrity, and business ethics. Lead, inform, empower, and motivate CRPUD personnel to meet and exceed identified goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university; or an equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying.
- A minimum of eight (8) or more years of progressive experience in one or more of the following financial areas: Accounting, Finance Controller, or Auditor including five (5) or more years as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, or Finance Manager.
- Significant progressive knowledge and experience of generally accepted accounting principles, GASB, accounting systems, and cost analysis.
- Utility industry experience.
- Valid driver’s license. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
- Master’s degree in business related field from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of the utility industry, including five (5) or more years in a leadership role. Experience in governmental accounting or treasury.
- Certification in one of the following: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO), or similar certification.
How to Apply:
Due Date: Open until filled
Memorandum to Applicants – Accounting & Finance Supervisor
Job Description – Accounting & Finance Supervisor
PUD Employment Application
Supplemental Questions (PDF) – Accounting and Finance Supervisor (please see note below)
Supplemental Questions (Word) – Accounting and Finance Supervisor
Additional Materials for Applicants
Note: Some web browsers don’t display fillable PDF forms correctly. If you see a message that says “Please Wait…” instead of seeing the employment application or the supplemental questions, right click on those links and save the files to your computer, then open them in Adobe Reader.
How to Apply
Complete and submit a PUD Employment Application, the Supplemental Questions for the Accounting & Finance Supervisor, Veteran’s Preference, and official copies of your transcripts/diplomas, certificates, and any other additional information you’d like us to consider to:
Human Resources Department
Columbia River PUD
PO Box 1193
St. Helens, OR 97051
(503) 397-5215 fax
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
Posting End Date: February 7, 2018