Company Name: City of Tacoma
Phone Number: (253) 591-5400
Job Title: Account Executive, Senior
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Key Account Executive
Posting Start Date: February 16, 2018
Salary: $84,926.40 - $108,888.00
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Tacoma Public Utilities’ Market Development section is seeking a Senior Account Executive to identify small & medium business (SMB) customer needs and lead development activities of utility policy, processes, procedures and/or services in order to improve the customer experience. The SMB Account Executive oversees the short and long-term strategic planning for the SMB customer segment across TPU and its divisions. This position manages program, product and service development process for business accounts through the phases of program design, development, implementation and performance tracking. This position also handles complex and sensitive customer account issues with SMB segment.
We are seeking an experienced account executive familiar with issues facing the utility services and/or conservation industries.
Tacoma Power is an almost 100% hydroelectric, municipally-owned public power utility, located in Tacoma. We serve approximately 170,000 customers as one of the three operating divisions of Tacoma Public Utilities, alongside Tacoma Water and Tacoma Rail. As one of the most livable, walkable cities in the country, you’ll find that Tacoma is a great fit for all interests with places to bike, run, hike, and explore, the perks of a big city, and the charm of a small town.
“Community Value First” is Tacoma Power’s strategic principle. We consider our decisions and prioritize resources and programs based on the impact to our customers and community.
Tacoma Power’s Market Development team is led by Dan Drennan. We are a team of 6 account executives… collaborative, servant leadership, data-driven decision making.
- Lead the customer research efforts for the general commercial business market, establish the mid/long-term strategic planning for the small & medium size business customer accounts for TPU, identify load forecasting, infrastructure needs, potential challenges, customer needs or persistent issues, contract development, both planned and unplanned outage coordination, payment/billing/collection practices, power/water service related issues, negotiate easements, and other customer services for commercial accounts as needed.
- Investigate & understand complex characteristics of small & medium size business customer market segments; conduct data analysis; project future directions and trends; subsegment market; inform senior management of findings; and develop effective program strategies & business cases that yield value-added results.
- Manage a market program/product/service development process for small-medium business customers through the phases of program design, development, implementation & performance tracking.
- Work closely with operating unit personnel, the Business & Market Research Analyst, Customer Solutions Manager to devise and evaluate methods for collecting segment data (e.g., surveys, polls, questionnaires) as well as obtaining existing segment data from billing system and other databases in order to inform operational planning and business case.
- Track assessments of customer experience, satisfaction & loyalty, and proactively develop 10 Updated: 1/4/2016 programs/services that enhance TPU’s understanding and satisfaction among small-medium size business customers.
- Lead and resolve SMB customer emergencies or strategic issues as they arise including capital projects SMB outreach, planned/unplanned power & water outages, billing/payment problems, electrical inspection concerns, construction matters, power quality issues, and other core utility service function interruptions.
- Interpret, explain and evaluate TPU policies & standards in accordance with applicable legislation, contracts, franchises, and customer needs. Analyze operations versus policies and recommend changes to correct gaps or problems, and improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Coordinate cross-departmental, interagency, and general government issues or teams for process improvement when appropriate.
- 10+ years of experience in commercial/industrial or residential energy services development, marketing, delivery or management;
- 5+ years of experience as an Account Executive;
- Bachelors degree with major course work in business or public administration, marketing, energy management, planning or a related field desired;
- Coursework in Account Management or Facilities/Operations Management desired;
- Driver license or equivalent mobility;
- Certified Account Executive through American Public Power Association (APPA) or equivalent professional certification in account management from professional or industrial associations desired;
- Building Operators Certification, and/or FEMA Incident Command System Training desired;
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or ability to obtain.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter describing your responsibilities as it relates to the responsibilities of this position.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
Posting End Date: March 12, 2018