Company Name: Idaho Power
Phone Number: (208) 388-2965
Job Title: 0057 – Regional Design Leader
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: July 18, 2017
Salary: $88,046.40 - $106,038.40
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Idaho Power is seeking a Regional Design Leader who will provide direct leadership to employees conducting the distribution line design and on-demand team support functions and processes within the region. He or she will ensure consistent regional application of these processes through the development of committed relationships with process owners, company leadership, other stakeholders, and employees. The Regional Design Leader:
- Provides direct leadership and daily coaching and mentoring for the region’s assigned Distribution Designers, Service Specialists and Joint Trench Coordinator supporting multiple On-Demand teams.
- Measures and monitors growth, development, and overall performance of Distribution Designers, Service Specialists, and Joint Trench Coordinators. Evaluates and improves employee morale, communication, training, and the IPC safety culture.
- Evaluates work procedures and processes and resolves design and related financial issues. Supports the use of established tools, processes, and procedures in the completion of the applicable processes. Is an advocate and leads organizational change for the areas of responsibility.
- Team concepts and practices
- Customer Operations business processes, activities, and operating practices
- Customer needs and expectations
- Company policies, rules, tariffs, regulations, and procedures
- Customer Operations equipment and material
- Safety requirements and the IPC safety program.
- Electric distribution system operations
- Overhead and underground distribution line design and construction practices
- Distribution line materials and equipment
- Feeder maps and work order maps
- Surveying, rights-of-way, and easements
- Application of Rule H and other tariffs
- Facility charge process for Rate 19 customers
- IPC’s distribution line inspection process
- Construction inspection practices
- IPC’s construction contracts and their terms and conditions
- Cost benefit and financial/business analysis.
- Goal-setting and results measurement
- Listening and personal interaction
- Managing multiple projects and personnel, and work prioritization, coordination, and scheduling
- Operating a variety of PC and mainframe applications; conflict management, problem solving, and negotiation.
- Use of Passport, AutoCAD/AUD, Field Smart, ProClarity, LMS, and CIS.
- Communicate effectively with employees and customers
- Learn and communicate new concepts and methods for teamwork, business methods, and performance measurements
- Perform assessments to solve problems
- Prepare written and verbal reports
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships to facilitate the exchange of information
- Work independently and use good judgment and initiative in resolving problems
- Interact well with others and resolve differences with employees
- Occasionally work outside of regularly scheduled business hours.
Effectively coach and assist employees in the technical aspects of distribution line design and associated new business work order processes.
High school diploma or GED.
- Three years experience as Distribution Designer, level II or higher, OR equivalent experience working in or in support of On-Demand line construction work and processes OR five years of demonstrated leadership experience which includes a broad background in utility operations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in process improvement, budgeting, guiding and directing the work of others, mentoring employees, and leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of Rule H and other tariffs.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record based on driving requirements for the position.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR card within 90 days.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.idahopower.com/careers and complete our online application.
Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and any other status protected by applicable federal and state laws.
If you have questions, or require assistance or accommodation to complete the online application, please contact us at: Phone: 208-388-2965 or Email: email@example.com
Posting End Date: July 30, 2017