Website Columbia River PUD
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing CRPUD’s mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing safe, reliable power to our community and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
Assist Journeyman Lineman in the construction and maintenance of the PUD’s electrical system.
Required Education and Experience –
· High School Diploma or equivalent, with a basic understanding of electricity.
· Demonstrated competency with personal computers.
· Obtain and maintain a valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license with airbrake restriction removed. Other driving-related requirements may apply depending on the nature and scope of responsibilities associated with driving on behalf of CRPUD.
Other Requirements –
· Drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment and on a random basis thereafter.
· Physical capacity testing and a pre-employment physical required prior to employment.
· Live within a 45-minute drive time of the PUD headquarters.
· Obtain and maintain Flagging Card.
· Obtain and maintain Forklift Certification.
· Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR Certification.
· Remain eligible to enter and become indentured into the Line Work Apprenticeship program, and maintain grades of 80% or higher.
· Strong dedication and commitment to providing safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
$32.31 per hour during six month introductory period.
$35.12 per hour after six month introductory period.
How to Apply
You may visit our office in Deer Island to pick up an application packet, call us at (503) 397-1844 to have an application packet mailed to you, or download a complete application packet on our website at www.crpud.net/jobs.
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
If you require accommodation to participate in our application process, please contact Human Resources at (503) 397-1844. Columbia River PUD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status or activity in accordance with applicable law. Veteran’s preference is available by completing the Veteran’s Preference Form and providing the required supporting documentation.
Monday, February 26, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.
To apply for this job please visit www.crpud.net.