Low Early Bird Rates Extended!
Step Up to the Plate with PublicPower!
At the NWPPA E&O Conference and Tradeshow make your plans early to come and network with your utility peers and industry partners, see the latest in utility equipment and services, and catch up on the best practices in the industry!
Who Should Attend:
Utility engineering and operations personnel, as well as those in information technology, safety, purchasing, environmental, accounting, finance, communications or any area where a more in-depth knowledge of engineering and operations would be beneficial.
Our industry, utilities and associated business, and careers are filled with opportunities, challenges and the one constant, which is change. Public power is stepping up to the plate and facing the challenges and looking for opportunities. Whether it is new methods and practices, new technology, the change in your employees as Baby Boomers retire, new regulations at the state and federal level, and more, our industry is stepping up and hitting the balls as they cross the plate!
Get a handle on the the future and the changes that are occurring in our industry by making plans now to attend one of the largest conference and trade show for public power utilities in the west. With more than four days of events scheduled, the NWPPA E&O Conference and Trade Show provides a mix of education, networking, and over 200 exhibit booths that can help you hit home runs with the opportunities and challenges that you face.
The conference provides opportunities to learn about the latest practices, innovations, and technology in the electric utility industry. Prior to the opening general session of the conference there are full-day pre-conference training and roundtable events (some require and additional fee). During conference, breakout sessions will focus on specific disciplines within a utility where you will learn about the latest methods and solutions being used around the industry. Additionally, the trade show exhibits will provide an opportunity to see the products that are available to help get the job done. Click here to view a PDF of the conference program
Pre-Conference Courses and Meetings:
pre-conference events during your trip to the E&O:
- AC Troubleshooting - Single Phase/Three Phase Class - April 9, 2012, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Separate fee)
Electric Metering for Linemen - April 9, 2012, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Separate fee)
Major Changes of the 2012 NESC - April 9, 2012, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Separate fee)
NWPPA Environmental Task Force Meeting - April 9, 2012, from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Open to all. Separate fee may apply.)
- Utility Engineers' Roundtable - April 9, 2012, from 1-4:30 p.m. (Utility employees only. No fee.)
Look for the E&O brochure, with the detailed agenda, soon!
- Monday, April 9, 2012: Pre-conference classes, roundtables and meetings are offered (see the pre-conference event list above).
- Tuesday, April 10, 2012: At 8 a.m. on Tuesday, plan to grab a continental breakfast at the Vendor Cafe, followed by the opening general session with major league baseball player, Steve Garvey. You will have time to grab lunch at one of the local Spokane eateries and then return in time to listen in on the CEO forum and hear their thoughts on the key issues and opportunities facing the industry. A Q&A session will follow with the CEOs. Finally, don't miss the grand opening of the trade show and its reception!
- Wednesday, April 11, 2012: The morning opens with four hot topic presentations to choose from. Educational sessions run all day, and the trade show will be open at lunch and in the late afternoon and early evening.
- Thursday, April 12, 2012: The conference opens with a general session that will include the presentation of the Safety Achievement Award and a keynote address by Kevin Stocker, a former major league baseball player and sportscaster for CBS College Sports. Afterwards, educational sessions will continue throughout the day and lunch will be provided at the trade show. At 4 p.m., the NWPPA Safety Awards will be announced and presented, followed by a reception and then the closing banquet for all attendees and exhibitors. Everyone is highly encouraged to attend this fun evening on the final night of the E&O.
- Friday, April 13, 2012: Are you interested in helping to plan future E&O Conferences? If you are an employee of either an NWPPA member utility or an associate member, then come to the E&O Committee meeting on Friday morning and learn how you can get involved!
General E&O Conference and Trade Show Information:
- For conference and general E&O information, please contact Scott Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For exhibitor and trade show information, please contact Kristi Wallace at email@example.com.
Exhibitors: Click here to view of the 2012 Engineering & Operations Conference Exhibitor Packet
Meetings and Trade Show Locations:
Meetings, classes, and educational sessions will be held at the Doubletree City Center Hotel. The trade show with be held at the Spokane Convention Center. The two buildings are connected via a concourse, or you may enter either building through their ground floor entrances.
Doubletree Hotel Spokane City Center
322 North Spokane Falls Court
Spokane, WA 99201
509-455-9600 or 1-800-222-TREE
Room rates: $130 Traditional, $150 Premium single or double occupancy
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than March 6, 2012, to secure the above rates. Request the group rate for NWPPA E&O Conference when calling.
Red Lion Hotel at the Park
303 W. North River Drive
Spokane, WA 99201
Room rates: $117.00 Standard, $127.00 Premium single or double occupancy
Please book your room as soon as possible, but no later than March 8, 2012, to secure the above rates. Request the group rate for the NWPPA Engineering & Operations Conference room block.
NWPPA Hotel Reservation & Cancellation Policy - All room reservations require full payment for all reserved nights at the time you reserve your room. If you cancel or wish to reduce your hotel reservation the following applies:
1. Before March 6, 2012 (Doubletree)and March 8, 2012 (Red Lion), you will be refunded all but one night's payment.
2. After March 6, 2012 (Doubletree) and March 8, 2012 (Red Lion), no refunds will be given.
In light of the hotel reservation and cancellation policy, designed to allow the maximum use of the Doubletree & Red Lion, please register for the NWPPA E&O Conference & Tradeshow before you reserve a room. Please do not reserve extra, or blocks of rooms for colleagues that are not registered or whom may potentially attend as this reduces availability for registered attendees. Please book only rooms that you will actually use.
If you have questions please call NWPPA at 360-254-0109 and ask for help with "Hotel Policies".