The NWPPA Utility Accounting & Finance program has been restructured for 2014. The program consists of 11 classes – seven new ones and four existing classes that have been updated. All classes are spread through three levels based on experience and degree of difficulty – entry level, intermediate level and advanced/CFO.
To earn the certificate members can now choose any six classes from the curricula, and either Understanding the Differences in Utilities: A Historical Perspective or Electric Utility Systems Operations. All classes must be completed in a five year period. Any classes already taken under the previous Utility Accounting Program, within the five-year window, can be applied to the new certificate program.
Download the 2014 Utility Accounting & Finance Program schedule. For more information, contact Jenny Keesey at 360-816-1458 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The certificate program is designed to enhance and certify the skills of accounting and finance employees at NWPPA member utilities. By completing the program, as outlined above, attendees will be recognized as having an excellent foundational knowledge of the utility accounting and finance function for both governmental and cooperative organizations.
- Bills, Bucks & Business – Kim Mikkelsen, KW Consulting – All levels/All employees
- Understanding Differences in Utilities: A Historical Perspective - Kim Mikkelsen, KW Consulting – All levels/All employees
- Basics of Budgeting and Financial Forecasting - Kim Mikkelsen, KW Consulting – All levels/All employees
- Enterprise Risk Management – Julia Ryan, Aether Advisors – Intermediate/Advanced
- Nuts and Bolts of Work Orders - Kim Mikkelsen, KW Consulting – All levels/All employees
- Challenging Financial Management - Kim Mikkelsen, KW Consulting –Intermediate/Advanced
- Key Topics in Utility Accounting – Moss Adams LLP – Entry/Intermediate
- Financial Audits and Internal Controls – Moss Adams LLP – Entry/Intermediate
- Monitoring Budgets and Financial Analysis – Moss Adams LLP – Entry/Intermediate
- Fraud in Utilities – Moss Adams LLP – All levels/All employees
- Advanced Utility Accounting – Moss Adams LLP – Intermediate/Advanced